Rubbish Collection And Recycling
Council rubbish collection services are contracted to Great Southern Waste. The rubbish is collected and taken to Darkan Rubbish Tip.
Kerbside Rubbish Collection
Darkan, Duranillin and Arthur River Townsites: every Thursday morning.
Bulk rubbish can be collected from individual houses by arrangement with the Shire.
Kerbside recycling collections started in West Arthur on Thursday 22 April 2010 and will be collected every second Thursday thereafter.
If you have a residential bin service in West Arthur, you will get a bin with a yellow lid for recyclables only. If you do not get a bin service there will be recycling bins placed at strategic sites within the Shire for you to use.
The recycling bins are for the following items only -
- All plastic containers (rinsed out with their lids separated).
- All steel and aluminium cans (rinsed). Empty aerosol cans (lids off).
- All milk and juice cartons (rinsed).
- All clean dry paper, newspaper and magazines.
- All clean dry cardboard (Boxes must be flattened with no other packing materials inside).
NO ceramics, window glass, greasy pizza boxes, plastic bags or other waste not listed above should go in the bin with a yellow lid.
All other waste should go in your usual bin with a green lid.
Your bins should be put out for collection at least one foot (30 cm) apart and your recycling bin will be collected later on the same day as your rubbish collection, which will remain on the same day as usual.